Kimberley 4WD Tracks
Looking for a little more adventure and have a reliable 4WD. Why not spend the day in our playground.
The Old Hall’s CreekGold Rush Track
Starting at Parry’s Creek Farm is a track that is 13 km long of untamed nature. It was built using prisoner labour during the Halls Creek Gold Rush and was used by miners to push their carts to the goldfields, the rocks were used to pave the road and can still be seen in places. This track offers views of local history.
10kms along the old Hall’s Creek Gold Rush Track is a natural habitat of the “Saltwater crocodile”, you’ll often see crocs sunning themselves on the banks of this gorgeous waterhole. Be Croc Wise In The Kimberley
King River Road
Beginning from the highway just out off Wyndham and ending at the Gibb River Road, this 4WD track includes numerous creek crossings. The road will lead you too.
- Moochalabra Dam, completed in 1871 it was constructed to supply water to the Wyndham area. The uniquely constructed dam is designed to allow overflow to pass through the rock on the crest of a hill.
- Aboriginal rock paintings of Wandjina spirit ancestors and animals can be found off the King River Road.
- The Prison Tree was once used as a prison by travelling police patrols as an overnight lockup for prisoners
- Historical Singh’s Gardens are the remnants of a site where an Afghan Chinaman in the early 1900s established vegetable gardens to produce food to be sold at the marketplace. The overgrown garden beds, a hut and well is all that remains today.
- King River and various fishing spots on the tidal reaches of the riverways may fulfil a fisherman’s dream of catching the elusive Barra.
The Karunjie Track begins at the end of the King River Road, just past The Prison Tree and is a fantastic 4WD track to the Pentecost River crossing on the Gibb River Road. The drive showcases views of the Cockburn Ranges. Bring your fishing and camping gear and camp on the mighty Pentecost River.
For the traveller who would like to enjoy a 4WD adventure and does not have vehicle Hot Tours offer Full & Half-day Hot Tours