Kimberley Croc Motel
Firmly held commitment to sustainability and contribution to the local Economy
- We encourage and support guests to reuse towels if possible
Towel on the rack means “I’ll use again“
Towel on in the shower means “Please change“
- To help those in need we also give away Guests used amenities to Community groups.
- We use the brand “Who Gives a Crap” which is bamboo recycled toilet paper this organisation gives 50% of the proceeds to Wateraid who help developing countries to install toilets.
- Our cleaning products are environmentally friendly where possible
- Kimberley Croc uses Solar power which has lowered our consumption on lighting from 166,521 kW to 99,788 kWwhich has reduced our energy pollution.
- LED lighting used in 80% of the property.
- Sensor lights are connected in select outdoor areas that are not consistently used
- Automatic timers for outdoor area lights
- Trialling aircon sensors in some rooms where by the sensors indicates if a guest is in the room or not and will automatically shut down the air con which helps to save on energy.
- All of our shower heads have been installed with a water saver which saves on water, energy usage and less carbon dioxide emissions.
- Water saving gardens and reticulation system
- While there is not a shortage of water access in the Kimberley, water consumption costs are high and guest’s facilities use a large quantity of water throughout the year. Kimberley C roc utilizes bore water that has been tested to Australian Standards. Current water use is 40% mains and 60% Bore
- Onsite laundry equipment purchased for their water saving features
- Scrap paper (including old archived records) reused for internal office documents for internal printing on the blank side or as scrap for writing on.
- Empty ink cartridges delivered to post office for reuse
- Black and White printing used wherever possible
- Email and group messaging used for communication
- Shred paper
- Purchase recycled ink cartridges
- Second hand book library on site
Kununurra Commercial Laundry (on-site)
- Eco Friendly products
- Environmentally sustainable washing practices